Tuesday 30 October 2012

Beautiful Bookcase Ideas

I have always loved the idea of having a 2 story bookcase in my home. I have wanted this desperately.
You know the one, with the ladder on wheels. I could always picture myself climbing up and reaching across a library of hard covers searching for the perfect book.
Now all I do is pick up my iPad and read through my Kobo reader. Not quite the same thing though. I still long for a massive library of collectible design and architecture books. But with the digital versions I can take hundreds with me on holidays. All the while drooling at their contents.

When studying design, one of the first bookcases I learnt about was created by Sottsass for Memphis.
Using what was for its time cutting edge materials (laminate) it was not quite everyone's cup of tea. I fell in love with it. Especially the little person on top.

Over the years there have been a few stand out bookcases that I love.
This one is gorgeous. I can picture myself sitting in there for hours.


The bookworm by Kartell is an interesting take on a how we store and display books. Not the most practical, but hey.


The Bourellec brothers Cloud is fantastic! Able to be created from several pieces to your desired size it really makes and impression. Practical though?? Not really.


My number one bookcase though has to be both practical, beautiful, made with love and something that is a talking piece.

Love Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment